This insanely easy to make breakfast will not only satisfy your sweet tooth, but will leave you full all morning long!
Ingredients (Makes 1 cake)
- 1 scoop chocolate whey protein powder (my favorite is About Time)
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg white
- 2 tbsp unsweetened vanilla almond milk (my fave is Almond Breeze)
- Fresh berries
- Shredded Unsweetened Coconut (add this in the dry mixing phase if using)
- Peanut butter (microwaved for about 15 seconds)
- 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder (if using add an additional tablespoon almond milk)
- 1 tsp sweetener like Stevia
Mix all dry ingredients (including optional dry ingredients if using) until well combined. Mix in the almond milk and egg and stir until just combined (don't over mix!). Depending on your microwave, cook for 40 - 60 seconds. Check the cake after 40 seconds; if it starts to bubble over the lip of the mug, stop the cooking and gently pat down the cake with the back of a spoon and continue microwaving. Your cake should be moist, but cooked all the way through. If its a little soft in the middle, feel free to put back in the microwave for an additional 15 seconds or enjoy as is!
When the cake is ready to eat, top with berries or a heaping spoonful of melted peanut butter.
Shop the Recipe!
Don't forget to follow my blog with Bloglovin for even more health and fitness posts! Click here to follow.