- 1/2 spanish onion, sliced thinly
- 4 cups (or 32 ounces) Vegetable Stock
- 1 clove garlic, chopped finely
- 1 inch ginger, chopped finely (I like a lot of ginger, you can use less)
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 2 tsp EVOO
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, seasoned, pre-baked, and shredded into large pieces
- 1 large zucchini, washed, spiralized, and divided into two (best if room temp)
- Himilayian Pink Sea Salt and cracked pepper
Heat the oil in a dutch oven - add in the onion, garlic, and ginger. Stir until soft and cooked through, add in the seasonings and stir.
Stir the stock into the dutch oven and bring to a boil. While the stock is boiling, add the zucchini and chicken to two individual large bowls. Pour ladles of the boiling stock over the zucchini and chicken, let sit for a few minutes to let the zucchini soften and the chicken heat through.
Tip: If you are looking for a richer soup, add in two eggs to the broth while simmering.