More Tips on How to Stay Motivated + Wake Up Call with The Rock!

The holidays can be hard time to keep your fitness and health goals in check. There are family and friends you want to grab a drink with, presents that need to be wrapped, and the cold weather really isn’t helping anything.



Though this is a sponsored post by Wake Up Call on TNT, all thoughts are my own.


In addition to the tips I shared last week, check out the following tips on how to get (& stay) motivated!

  • Write It Down!

Having a tangible reminder is a great way to stay focused and motivated. Some will hang up a bikini on the door to see every morning or my favorite is an image I have seen on Pinterest many time:


It takes 21 days to make (or break) a habit and having this countdown reminder is a great motivator!
  • Give yourself a reward

When setting goals for myself, I always promise myself something for when I finally achieve it. An example is if I exercise at least 12 times in one month, I’ll treat myself to a pedicure. Or if I reach a new PR in spinning, weight lifting, etc I might just pick up that new lipstick I’ve been eyeing.
  • Be Flexible!

It is great to keep a workout schedule or meal prep for the week. But don’t let getting knocked off your schedule ruin your motivation! Life happens and we do have to adjust.  If you get knocked off your schedule, don’t worry and keep going! Unplanned cheat day? Drink water and move on. What’s done is done.  Keep your motivation up by realizing one skipped leg day or one order of fries will not derail everything you have already accomplished.


Need a little more motivation? Check out The Rock’s new show Wake Up Call on TNT tonight! The show features The Rock returning to his roots - to help those who are struggling and to show them that there can be a better way. Premieres December 12th 9/8c on TNT!

Don't forget to follow my blog with Bloglovin for even more health and fitness posts! Click here to follow.


0 comments:

 

Follow Me for Updates!

Follow

About Lauren

My photo
Brooklyn, NY, United States
Hi there and thanks for visiting! I'm a New Yorker with a passion for healthy food, fitness, and exploring. I like to use common sense and practical methods to live a sustainable, clean and healthy life….while also finding a balance in the indulgent side of life.