Detox Green Smoothie Recipe

The body, through the functions of the liver, detoxes itself. Yet, when we consume a highly processed food diet, the body may need just a little help now and then.  I enjoy this drink after a weekend when I wasn't so diligent with my diet or after a cheat meal to settle my belly and and get my body ready to start eating clean again!


Ingredients
  • 2 celery sticks, washed and cut in thirds
  • 1 handful parsley, washed well
  • 1 heaping handful spinach, washed
  • 1 lemon, peeled and cut in half
  • 1 apple, washed and cut in half (I love gala apples)
  • 1 inch fresh ginger
  • 1 cup cold, filtered water
Combine all ingredients in your blender. Blend for 1 minute, pour over ice, and enjoy!

Tip: if juicing instead of blending, leave out the water.


0 comments:

 

Follow Me for Updates!

Follow

About Lauren

My photo
Brooklyn, NY, United States
Hi there and thanks for visiting! I'm a New Yorker with a passion for healthy food, fitness, and exploring. I like to use common sense and practical methods to live a sustainable, clean and healthy life….while also finding a balance in the indulgent side of life.