Please Follow My Back Up Account On Pinterest. Click to Follow for Fitness, Healthy Recipes, Fashion and More!
Don't be afraid of the title! This cauliflower based salad comes from Middle Eastern inspiration. I grew up eating Tabouli all the time and absolutely love it. The salad is usually made with bulgar wheat, but to make it even healthier, I went raw. This salad is so delicious and you really do not miss the wheat!
Ingredients (Adapted From...)
- 2 large heads of cauliflower without the stalks, roughly chopped
- 6 Roma tomatoes with seeds scooped out, chopped
- 1 bunch chopped flat-leaf parsley, washed well
- 1 large cucumber finely chopped after skin removed & seeds scooped out (optional)
- 1/4 cup cold pressed extra virgin olive oil (optional)
- 2 lemons, juiced 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- A few turns of fresh cracked pepper
- 1 tsp Himalayan Pink Sea Salt (or any sea salt will do)
Pulse cauliflower in batches in your food processor until the consistency of couscous. Halve tomatoes and scoop out the flesh. Chop very finely into very small pieces. Peel the cucumber, halve, scoop out seeds with a spoon, then finely dice. Finely chop parsley. Combine all ingredients in a large salad bowl and combine well. Season to taste. Let refrigerate for at least 1 hour for everything to combine together. Enjoy!