Easy, quick, and delicious - the Holy Trinity of snacking? Yup! Try out these strawberry pops for a healthy snack or sweet, guilt free dessert!
- 6 strawberries, washed
- 1/4 cup plain, nonfat Greek yogurt (I used Chobani)
- 3 drops liquid Stevia (you could also use a TBSP pure maple syrup)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2 TSP cocoa powder (optional)
- 6 popsicle sticks (I used 2 wooden skewers cut into three parts)
After cleaning the strawberies, slice the stem off. Stick one stick into the cut side of the strawberry; place in the freezer until needed.
Mix the yogurt and the sweetener of choice together; place in the fridge until needed. If you want a chocolatey treat, seperate the yogurt misture in half and add the cocoa to one half.
Place a clean pan over low heat and add the coconut. Stir the coconut every minute or so and watch for browning. Take the coconut off the heat when the flakes turn a golden brown and you can smell the coconut. Be careful; coconut burns very easily!
Assemble: Dip the strawberries into the yogurt and sprinkle with the coconut. Repeat until all strawberries are coated. Place on parchment and freeze for at least 30 minutes. Enjoy!