Transformation Tuesday: Meet April

August 27, 2013

This weeks amazing Transformation is in the form of April; a 29 year old working mom who refuses to give up on her goals!



“My name is April. I'm 29 years old and a mother of three beautiful kids. I grew up in a home where nutrition wasn't a topic and food was food. I seemed to fall into bad habits of eating ..but stayed active with softball growing up. . As soon as I graduated I had my son. I went from a size 5 to 160+ lbs. I got into exercise routines of cardio and little eating. In my eyes, I wanted to be skinny and obsessed with the scale. At times I look back and see pictures of myself so frail and thin. I didn't know what I was doing to be healthy and fit.

In 2007 I began working as a respiratory therapist and was exposed to seeing the effects of obesity in people. 2010 my daughter came along and I picked up old habits in nutrition and exercise. I happen to have a friend that's a personal trainer. She’s amazing. I always told myself..someday I’ll work out with her but I was terrified of muscle. Muscle to me = bulky. So after my daughter was born in October I told myself this time I'm going to be different. I want to be healthy. I want to eat right and eat enough to boost my metabolism so I can shed weight and maybe "tone". (Still afraid of muscle). I needed to learn how to be fit and not this frail skinny I had accepted for so long. As moms we criticize our bodies post babies and I was sick of being so harsh on myself. So I worked with Jessica Rinaldi..my friend..she's fitness Miss Universe two years in a row. She placed me on a diet. Instead of eating so little and living on meal replacement shakes before I was taught to eat six meals a day. I eat protein and veggies all day.. I was actually freaked out to eat that much but I trusted her. She empowered me to be confident within lifting weights at the gym. I finished my sessions with her and added my own twist to things. I like to take different classes at the gym and make sure I get in workouts daily.

Some people ask how I do it working graveyard at hospital three nights/12 hr shifts..or how to find time with three kids. Here’s the thing. I wasn’t comfortable looking in the mirror. My appearance and self-confidence are not everything but I was determined not to lose myself after kids. In a sense, with every workout I seem to feel stronger physically and mentally. If I go to the gym while my kids are napping or school I can devote one hour to myself. I think it’s my sanity most days but I love it. I'm not done on my journey but I hope that I can prove that being a full time worker, mom, wife, doesn't mean I can't look and feel good about myself. On top of this, I will prolong my life eating healthy, and cooking healthy for my family. Things I never had when I was little. I hope to be in amazing shape by the time I hit 30 in April 2014; my personal goal. But this was my small journey to learning to eat better, train harder, and remember to have fun and be active with my health!”
Leave April some love, questions, or kind comments below! Want to be featured? Email me at lauren.rabadi@gmail.com with your progress pictures and story!!


Don't forget to follow my blog with Bloglovin for even more health and fitness posts! Click here to follow.





You Might Also Like

0 comments