Cold Busting Smoothie

I woke up today feeling a bit congested, dizzy, and all together not great. So instantly I knew before these feeling become "ugh, I'm sick" I had to nip it in the bud.  This smoothie recipe is filled with immunity building, cold fighting vitamins and minerals and tastes great.






Ingredients

  • 1 cup frozen kale (or frozen chopped broccoli...might sound weird, but trust me it works)
  • 1 cup coconut water
  • 1 TBSP Chia seeds
  • 2 TSP Hemp seed (optional)
  • Fresh ginger, 1 inch peeled
  • 1 lemon, peeled
  • 1/2 cup blueberries
  • 3 clementines
  • 1/2 frozen, ripe banana (add the whole banana for a creamier consistency)
Excluding the Chia seeds, blend all ingredients.  Pour into your favorite glass, top with the Chia seeds (and Hemp if you choose), and enjoy! 

Tip ~ Blend with ice to make the smoothie thicker and frosty.


0 comments:

 

Follow Me for Updates!

Follow

About Lauren

My photo
Brooklyn, NY, United States
Hi there and thanks for visiting! I'm a New Yorker with a passion for healthy food, fitness, and exploring. I like to use common sense and practical methods to live a sustainable, clean and healthy life….while also finding a balance in the indulgent side of life.