16 Awesome Uses for Apple Cider Vinegar (Detoxing, Weight-loss, and Anti-Aging Included!)
What & Where to Buy?
Apple cider vinegar is a vinegar made by simply fermenting apples in water. For best results when ingesting the vinegar or putting the vinegar on your skin, go for unpasteurized apple cider vinegar, like thisBraggs brand(my favorite & the top apple cider vinegar brand). When using the ACV for cleaning purposes, its ok to go the pasteurized root, though for best results still use the Braggs brand.
Is there anything more versatile than Apple cider vinegar? An ingredient everyone should have in their homes, ACV not only aids in digestion and heals skin, but works as a great house cleaner too!
1. Amp up your Salad Dressings: Just like a splash of lemon juice, Apple cider vinegar adds an awesome acidity to dressings.
2. Add That Extra Something to Soups & Stews: ACV adds a depth of flavor to soupos and stews when added right at the end of cooking.
3. Help Cleanse Your Liver: You may have read in my warm lemon water guide that lemon water cleanses your system. What you you may not know is that ACV works just as well! In a cup of warm water, add about a tablespoon of ACV and sip.
4. Facial Toner: I use this facial toner daily and I have seen my skin just glow. Either dab ACV directly on skin or dilute 1/4 of ACV in 1/2 cup water (this will stay for a couple of days in an airtight mason jar) and dab directly on skin with a cotton ball.
5. Help Reduce Age Spots & Acne Scars: This might be my favorite use. Using a cotton ball, dab your ACV on your age spot and leave over night for a few consecutive nights and see your spot reduced!
6. Stabilize weight: When taken daily, ACV can help decrease body fat. Drink a tablespoon (in a cup of warm water) every morning and every night for best results.
7. No More Bad Breath: By stabilizing the bacteria that causes bad breath in your mouth, ACV will work as a great breath freshener.
8. Reduce Inflammation: Drinking ACV everyday can reduce inflammation and reduce the pain and discomfort that comes from it. 9. Alkalize Your System: When ingested, Apple cider vinegar can alkalize your system. Even though it is an acid, ACV has alkalizing properties.
10. Cleanse: Apple cider vinegar can aid in the cleansing of the body and kidneys when taken on daily. Just add a tablespoon into a cup of warm water and sip.
11. Reduce Arthritis Pain: Take apple cider vinegar to help reduce the inflammation that is associated with arthritis, as well as reducing the pain that comes with it.
12. Sooth Bug Bites: Soak a cotton ball in ACV and apply directly onto your bug bite; the bite should feel less itchy and will reduce the inflammation.
13. Constipated?: Take a small shot or two of ACV to help flush out your system.
14. Sleepy Time Tea: If I'm having trouble falling asleep Ill add a teaspoon of AVC to a cup of warm water and honey for the best night sleep.
15. Help Congestion: When allergy season hits, I always start my morning with a small shot of ACV to open up my sinuses.
16. Clean Your House: APC is the mightiest house cleaner and without the chemicals too! Working as a disinfectant as well as a cleaner, simply mix with water to clean your dishes, counters, toilet, pipes, and more!
For even more uses, check out my friends at Young & Raw: (Source).
Hi there and thanks for visiting! I'm a New Yorker with a passion for healthy food, fitness, and exploring. I like to use common sense and practical methods to live a sustainable, clean and healthy life….while also finding a balance in the indulgent side of life.