Slow Cooker: Spicy 'Salsa' Chicken

February 11, 2013

I love my slow cooker. Throw a few ingredients in (most of which I already have in my kitchen) set the temp and come back for a feast in 7 hours. How easy is that? Slow cooker gives anyone with a excuse an answer on how to eat healthy, even if you are too busy.

I've seen a lot of salsa chicken recipes with just the ingredients of chicken and bottled salsa. Nothing wrong with that, I just prefer fresh and knowing exactly what is in my food. If you do want to take the bottle route, use one of the taller bottles of your favorite salsa. Or if you just have the smaller bottles in the house, add a few tomatoes in as well.

Spicy 'Salsa' Chicken





  • 4 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast (you can substitute for your favorite chicken pieces) 
  • 6 fat tomatoes, chopped
  • 3 cloves garlic, chopped
  • 1 small white onion, chopped,
  • 1 Jalapeno pepper, chopped, no seeds! (unless you like super spicy!)
  • 1 TBSP each of cayenne and cumin (I didn't measure the seasoning out, but it looked like a healthy dose of each)


Add everything to the slow cooker with a sprinkle of salt and fresh cracked pepper. Leave the slow cooker on low for 7 hours. Shred your chicken and serve with veggies, rice, salad, and more!


I enjoyed mine with a sweet potato and greens :)


You Might Also Like

0 comments