Tomato Garlic Slow Cooker Chicken Thighs and Legs

I love using chicken thighs and legs in slow cooker recipes. There are inexpensive, versatile, give a great deep flavor, and did I mention cheap?  If thighs and legs do not work for you, breasts (boneless or bone-in) work just as fine.





Tomato Garlic Slow Cooker Chicken

6 chicken thigh and legs, bone in, skin removed

3 containers Campari Tomatoes, halved

1 small can chopped peeled tomatoes in their juice

5 cloves garlic, rough chop (I like a lot of garlic and the taste does dull in cooking)

½ tablespoon dried oregano

½ tablespoon dried basil

1 White Onion, roughly chopped

¼ cup white wine

¼ cup water

Salt

Pepper


This recipe cannot get any easier. After chopping the garlic, tomatoes, and onion, toss everything into your slow cooker, leave for six hours, and come back to a wonderfully smelling kitchen.

If you are looking for a thicker sauce, feel free to cut down on the water. I personally like to take the liquid and cook rice in it, gives plan white rice a delicious kick.


Don't forget to follow my blog with Bloglovin for even more health and fitness posts! Click here to follow.


0 comments:

 

Follow Me for Updates!

Follow

About Lauren

My photo
Brooklyn, NY, United States
Hi there and thanks for visiting! I'm a New Yorker with a passion for healthy food, fitness, and exploring. I like to use common sense and practical methods to live a sustainable, clean and healthy life….while also finding a balance in the indulgent side of life.